Anthroposophilic art wants to find the way to the spiritual so that the artist can, through his work, bring into everyday reality the light of the ideal. Art requires vigilant and experienced senses, curious to investigate behind the appearance of events. It never proposes itself as a copy of what already exists, but it constantly urges an effort that overcomes the strictly perceptual element, even if based on it, investigates and unveils the attitude, qualities, what does not yet manifest itself in full, but yearns to unravel. Being an artist means proceeding along the line between manifesto and hidden and in this sense art is unveiling. The art of reference cultivated is watercolor painting on dry sheet predominantly horizontal, with semi-dense color according to the Stella Maris Method.
The artistic training is enriched with elements of:
- Modelling with clay: platonic solids and their metamorphosis, concave-convex-edge, hysteria and their balance, animals;
- Shape drawing: dissolve and bind
- Light-Dark with charcoal: shaping between darkness and light, welcoming light and filtering it in such a way as to spiritualize space, theme of chiaroscuro, contraction and expansion, rhythm between light and darkness, recollection of light;
- Technique of colored chalks;
- Velatures: copies of the true
- Eurythmia: basic elements: the 4 zodiac archetypal sounds and the 4 elements: consonants and shapes;
- Art of the word: the 4 elements as archetypes of consonants, the nuances between man and the other as passages between different states of matter and between constituent bodies, word and self-expression;
- Choral Singing: as a preparatory activity to listening to the other and social integration.
Artistic subjects are the fundamental tool for forming a solid and balanced individuality,since creativity can give the possibility to the human being to open himself to himself and to others. The purpose of the training is the strengthening of a real aesthetic sense that can recognize the Good, the Beautiful, the True. In man, a new horizon of creativity opens up in which he is free to investigate and research and can hone his faculties.
In addition to the deepening of artistic subjects, over the two years we study the cognitive basis of anthroposophy in their pedagogical and medical applications,with a particular focus on the physical, psychological-animic and spiritual development of the human being from birth throughout the various biographical phases. The individual work of self-education of the student through the practice of"The 6 Exercises" and "For the Age of Michele" by Rudolf Steineris also of particular importance. The path aims to awaken courage, a spirit of observation, the presence of spirit, empathy, humility and imaginative thinking.
320 hours of theoretical lessons on fundamental topics in the light of anthroposophy: art/science, art history, medicine, anthropological medicine, psychology, pedagogy, anthropology, guided study of anthroposophy: "Teosophy" "Occult Science" (Rudolf Steiner), notebook of the exercises of the method.
400 hours of practical lessons of watercolor painting according to the "Stella Maris method" and complementary artistic subjects of eurythmia, modeling, drawing of forms, singing, art of the word, dark light, Hauschka method, Collot D'Herbois method
700 hours of hands-on training: 250 exercises of the Stella Maris Method) - 25 exercises as a personal path.
580 hours of documented individual study.
In the first year the teaching takes place for a period of 13 meetings from October to June, plus an intensive seminar of 4 days in June.
At the beginning of the second school year, an intensive seminar of 4 days and one of 5 days in June is planned; The teaching will consist of 11 meetings from September to June.
Check out year 1's 2019/2020 lesson schedule to get an idea of the frequency required
At the end of the two-year training period, an "Artistic Training Certificate" is issued for the conduct of artistic courses (if you comply with the conditions in step 5/a of the Regulation)